Measure a Mobile Device Screen
When the MobileForge test patterns are being used to measure the screen of the mobile device on which MobileForge is installed:
- Select PC (0-255) under Calman Settings > Workflow Basic Options > Luminance Levels.
- Uncheck the Expand Video To PC Levels option on the Calman Source Settings tab.
Measure/Calibrate an External TV or Monitor Screen
When the MobileForge test patterns are routed through an HDMI output to test or calibrate the HDMI input of an external TV or video monitor:
- Select “Video (16-235)” under Calman Settings > Workflow Basic Options > Luminance Levels.
- Check the “Expand Video To PC Levels” option on the Calman Source Settings tab.
Note: When using the Apple TV to mirror MobileForge test patterns to an external TV or video monitor, set the Apple TV’s HDMI output to YCbCr. On your Apple TV menu, go to Settings > Audio & Video > HDMI Output > YCbCr
Optimize Pattern Delay Time
Different mobile devices may have different delay times when switching test patterns. To optimize Calman to take a measurement as quickly as possible after switching to a new test pattern, without taking a measurement before the test pattern image is stable, do the following:
- Connect Calman to control the MobileForge Pattern Generator, as outlined above.
- Position your color meter to make screen measurements at the center of the test pattern.
- On the Calman Source Settings tab, click the Optimize button, toward the bottom of the panel.
- Wait for the Optimize process to complete and display an updated pattern Delay time.