The SpectraCal C3 Colorimeter provides readings of flat panel displays, specifically LCD CCFL, LCD white LED, and plasma technologies.
Note: The C3 is intended for LCD CCFL, LCD white LED, and plasma flat panel calibration only.
SpectraCal C3 Included Parts
- SpectraCal C3 Colorimeter
- Meter counterweight
CalMAN Required Version
- CalMAN version 5.2.0 or newer
- Install the SpectraCal Device Driver Kit, available for download from the SpectraCal web site. Link
- Plug the C3 into a USB port on your computer.
- If the C3 device driver is properly registered, the C3 colorimeter will be listed in Windows Device Manager under X-Rite Devices as “ColorMunki Smile.” If it is not listed that way, the driver is not yet properly installed.
CalMAN Connection to SpectraCal C3
- Plug the C3 into a USB port.
- On the Meter Settings page, click Find Meter.
- On the Find Meters popup dialog:
- Leave Com Port set to default.
- Maintain the All Meters selection
- Click Search.
When the Search progress indicator closes, the SpectraCal C3 meter will be the actively selected meter.
SpectraCal C3 Meter Settings
Meter Mode (Target Display Type)
Select the Meter Mode that corresponds to the display backlight/pixel technology that you wish to measure or calibrate.
- LCD (CCFL)
- LCD (LED)
The Sync Mode is preset to the mode that usually works best for each different display technology.
Note: If meter readings are unstable, try the other setting. (Also, try Source Delay, Optimize.)
Standard Exposure Mode
- 0.5 Seconds
- 1.0 Seconds
- 1.5 Seconds (default)
- 2.0 Seconds
- 2.5 Seconds
- 2.0 Seconds
- 3.0 Seconds
- 3.5 Seconds
- 4.0 Seconds
The C3 should be positioned with the face of the meter squarely in contact with the center of a flat panel, to block ambient light. The cable counterweight can be draped over the top of the display to facilitate this.