To install the VirtualForge software on MacOS:
Note: VirtualForge may not launch in 10.14 Mojave and later versions, future updates will address this
- Download the VirtualForge disk image (.dmg) file, available on the Portrait Displays website Downloads page, to either the Mac Desktop or Mac Downloads folder.
- Double-click the disk image icon to open the disk image
- Drag the VirtualForge shortcut to the Applications folder in Finder
- Double-click the VirtualForge shortcut in the Applications folder to start VirtualForge
Note: You can now eject or delete the VirtualForge disk image (.dmg) file from the Finder
VirtualForge Setup on Mac OS X
- In the Mac menu bar, click the VirtualForge (VF) icon to open its menu. You can select the VideoEQ-Test-Card or the Colorbars test pattern to verify that VirtualForge is properly controlling the workstation video output device. These patterns function whether the VirtualForge software is licensed or not.
- Select About from the VirtualForge menu. Record the Machine ID shown on the About dialog. Send the Machine ID to email@example.com with a request for a VirtualForge license key.
- When you receive the license key, copy and paste the key into the Key field on the VirtualForge About dialog
- Quit and restart the VirtualForge software to activate the license.