Calman can use the Datacolor Spyder5 family of meters to gather data and calibrate displays.
In order for Calman to communicate with the Spyder5 family of meters, a driver must be installed as part of the SpyderUtility installer
Steps to setup
- Plug Spyder5 in via USB (Windows Device Manager will show the meter but with a yellow warning symbol next to it)
- Download the software that corresponds to the version of Spider5 you have from this link
- Run in the installer. At the end of the installer, a notification from the SpyderUtility tray icon will pop up saying that the Spyder5 isn’t connected
- Restart your computer after the installer completes. If the computer is not restarted, the Spyder5 driver will not be loaded.
- Calman should now be able to connect to your Spyder5
To connect Calman to a Spyder5 meter
- Plug the Spyder5 into a USB port. The driver from the steps above must be installed
- On the Meter Settings menu, click Find Meter.
- On the Find Meters popup dialog:
- Leave Com Port set to default.
- Select “All meters not listed below”
- Click Search.